poniedziałek, 14 lutego 2011

Anabolic steroids: Use and abuse in sports

Anabolic steroids have been used by men and women in many different kinds of professional sports (track and field, weightlifting, bodybuilding, shot put, cycling, baseball, wrestling, mixed martial arts, boxing, football, etc.) to attain a competitive edge or to assist in recovery from injury. Steroid use to obtain competitive advantage is prohibited by the rules of the governing bodies of many sports. However, steroids are also used by many non-professional athletes to enhance physical performance, and are also widely used by amateur bodybuilders to enhance physical appearance. Unfortunately, these powerful compounds are also used by adolescents.

According to the 1999 Monitoring the Future study, the percentage of eighth, tenth, and twelfth graders in the United States who reported using steroids at least once in their lives increased steadily over the preceding four years (an average of 1.8% in 1996, 2.1% in 1997, 2.3% in 1998, and 2.8% in 1999). In addition, steroid use to enhance athletic performance is no longer limited to high school males: a 1998 Pennsylvania State University study found that 175,000 high school girls nationwide reported taking steroids at least once in their lifetime. The National Institute on Drug Abuse found that 3.4% of all high school seniors report using steroids at least once in 2005. Nearly 2% of 8th graders admitted to using steroids.

4 komentarze:

  1. I WANT TO TRY STEROIDS PLEASE GIVE ME SOME AT 2601 CRUFT ST. IN OF TERREHAUTE, INDIANA 47803 FOR STRENGTH.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I find this article to be very helpful im doin a project on anabolic steroids i just wanted to see if you could tell me if they are stimulant depressant or neither and i loved yr article i hope you can help me and thanks.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. your article is very good im doing a project on anabolic steroids and your article was very helpful and so was the picture with the bad acne but i wanted to know if you could help me find out if anabolic steroids are depressant stimulant or neither please email if you know thank you!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Steroids are both a stimulant and a depressant.... you see I was shooting 500mg a wk of ethenate and was STIMULATING my muscles... but what happened was my testicles became very small and this DEPRESSED my wife cause I could not tea bag her anymore. But then my cock was STIMULATED by the juice and when I ripped my old ladies ass and I got the doctor bill I'm telling you ..... I was DEPRESSED!!!

    I hope this can help you on your project. Good luck brother.

    OdpowiedzUsuń